Tuesday, December 31, 2013

This Year.

Happy New Year. On reflection, this has been one of the best years of my life. Olive turned one, we bought a house, and we did so many wonderful things together as a family. I already have my list of all the things I want to do next year- they include a lot of traveling, site seeing, working on the house, and general self improvement. Last year I didn't make any New Year's resolutions, I don't know why, Heaven's to bestys knows I could've improved on a lot of things- but this year I have a laundry list of things. I'll have to figure out how I am going to do them all but here are some of things I commit to do this year! 

  • Plan and make dinner at least twice a week
  • Eat more healthy/try to make my health drinks every morning before I go to work
  • Strengthen my relationship with my savior by studying the scriptures, more fervent prayer, and visiting the temple as often as possible
  • Pratice yoga at least 3 times a week, no matter what! Work on my splits (YOU CAN DO IT)
  • Be a better wife by critizing less and showing support and love through my actions and words
  • Manage my time better/ work hard, play hard
  • Do a little bit of knitting everyday over a cup of tea
  • Be more dedicated to teaching Olive signing and taking her out as often as possible
  • Be better at budgeting, spend less!
  • Take a class on food storage and build up my supply
  • Find ways to serve those around me in need/serve my community
  • Make a cleaning schedule and keep my house more put together 

There are lots of others things I could improve on, but I think that is enough for now :) Christmas came and went in a flash, and I have been so busy and really been in a slump- I haven't really felt motivated to do much but lay around the house. Sometimes this weather can really get to you! Being stuck in the house with a baby that lives to be outside and a dog who really needs that time to run around and be free is really hard! But we get out whenever we can and Olive and I plan to go to the library and Discovery center every week until this weather turns for us. And then we will be living outside. 
I've got big plans for next year. A trip to Israel and Hawaii. My best friend getting married in California. My ten year reunion (WHAT!) Hopefully a trip to New York in a few months and a few summer trips to southern Utah. It's going to be a good year. I can't wait. I'm ready for you 2014! 
Here are some of my favorite pictures from 2013. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment