Friday, July 11, 2014

A little Catch up on Life.

One of my best friends Jennifer Hawkins got married on June 29th! The wedding was beautiful. The ceremony took place up at Bear Claw in Sundance with the reception down at the base. I was one of the bridesmaids so I got to join in all the festivities and weddings are always just so special. I love taking the time to celebrate people I love with people I love. We had to take a chair lift to the top of the mountain for the ceremony and I really loved the time sitting with friends and family and enjoying the beauty of the Utah mountains. They are so beautiful. Watching Jen behind me ride up the chair lift in her wedding dress gave me butterflies and the whole ceremony reminded me a lot of my own wedding. The grooms (Blake) father married them, and his words were so true. I couldn't help but reflect on my own marriage and all the things we've experienced since the day we were wed. It goes with out saying that I cried through the whole thing. I can't wait for Jen and Blake to have those same experiences. Good and Bad. Both are necessary to become whole and grow as a couple. 

Another thing that made this wedding so special was that my three best friends were all there which has probably only happened a couple times- if that! Jen was pretty busy, but before the wedding I got to visit Sundance and help her with some wedding plans and I loved that. My other friend Callie (Jen, Callie, and I grew up together) came to stay with me. As we've grown older our lives have taken different directions and I never get to see her as much as I'd like but when we are together we become those young wild girls. Some things never change, and that's what I love about childhood friendships. You spend years apart and you can always pick up with them like it were just yesterday you were picking out your dress for Prom. My third best friend Stephanie lives in Provo. I met her when I started to work at P.F. Chang's in Orem and really we've been inseparable since! I actually need to take a second to talk about how amazing she is because she almost completely helped me get ready for the wedding. Her sister did my makeup, flawlessly, and made me feel like I was the freaking bride while she was doing it! (I mean really if you want to feel good about your self ask Madi to do your makeup!) Steph took it from there, she came up to Sundance with me and did my hair and helped me adjust my dress and everything. Once all the girls saw how amazing she was they quickly took advantage of her and had her adjust their hair or makeup or give advice. She really has an amazing talent for that sort of thing and I feel so lucky to have her in my life and that she is always willing and happy to do things like that for her not-so-talented-in-that-department friend. Everything about the experience was great. The rehearsal, the dinner, the ceremony, the reception. One of those memories I'll always keep with me. And here are so of the pictures from that night.


The perfect couple. I'm assuming this picture will end up on the cover of a magazine somewhere. 



Joy.



Best Friends be like.

 


My favorite girls.

 




What life feels like when Callie is around.



I just love these girls. 
Love.

Hawaii

 After a crazy week with my whole family in town, a family reunion, my best friend and sister and her 5 kids staying with me, and my other best friend's wedding- we took a breather for a few days and then took off to Hawaii (poor us right.) We've been here a week and it goes with out saying- it's been amazing. Kc's family goes here for about a month or so every 5 years because Kc's mother spent some time growing up here as a child. It's crazy that last time we were here we were engaged. It was one of the happiest times of my life. Now to be here with our little girl and pregnant with our second it's crazy how much life can change in such a short time. This time around feels just as special but in a different way. Can't wait to see where we'll be 5 years from now.
 
  

Olive patiently waiting to board our flight which took off around her bedtime and landed around 1 am utah time. I thought it would be horrible but she quickly fell asleep and we carried her asleep from the plane. All our flights with her have been amazing, we are going to run out of luck at some point, it's only a matter of time.


This is how we feel about being in Hawaii!


Olive and her cousin June. Both these little girls have red hair and a tendency to scream at the top of their lungs when they are around each other. They have unexplainable bond and it is going to make me so sad when they have to leave each other. 


Something about being at the beach or out in warm weather makes me want to kick up into hand stands or something of that sort everywhere I go. Tonight I tried a yoga class in Haleiwa. It was a Kundanlili class, which is something I have never tried. The yoga studio I have been attending since I started doing yoga only does Ashtanga and I absolutely love that but I was thinking it would be fun to try something different here in Hawaii. It was very different than what I am used to and not something I would want to do regularly but expanded my thoughts on some aspects of yoga that would be beneficial to practice more often.

 One morning Olive and I went to the beach just her and I. We found a small strip that was far from any public beach and sat at the water edge for a while as we let the tide roll up and down our feet. Olive thought it was one of the best things that ever happened to her, and quite frankly, I did too.


Admiring a beautiful sunset.

 


 After being separated by about 20 feet from each other on accident they had to run towards one another and embrace. And then my heart melted.



Kc's sister Erin and her little girls. For some reason I just loved this picture.
 

Like I told ya.


Olive's first turtle sighting! We touched it's shell! (before someone told me it was illegal-- whoops)


I had tried to attend a yoga class previous to today but my GPS said it was located in the middle of a highway and so frustrated, hungry, and surrounded by food trucks I made the best decision possible and got one of these famous HulaDogs. It was messy and oh so delicious. 

 

ANNNNNDDD this cool huge toad that we found on our lawn. 

So far in Hawaii we've hiked to waterfalls, gone to the beach just about everyday, spent lots of time with family, walked to the local grocery store to get pockie cake (sp?), visited the PCC, eaten shave ice and countles other things that are mandatory when you visit Oahu. Today I tried surfing 6 months pregnant. I was pretty proud of myself for that- but I didn't really get any waves, boo. Only like half of one, oh well! I'll have to try again, it always takes a bit to get back in the groove again- especially when you are competeing with surfing schools to get in the few and far between waves that can only handle a surfer or two on their peak. Also today we visited Castle Beach and ate at one of the roadside shrimp shacks. Top that off with the yoga class I attended and it was an all around good day! Now, I'm off to bed! Fill you in on the rest of our trip in a couple weeks! 
 
ALOHA! 
 
P.S. A short Olive Update (for my own records)
 
Little Olive has seemed to change a lot lately! She really insists on trying to dress herself (poor thing has little success.) Recently she has started to notice if you break off a piece of something and she does NOT get the bigger piece (or that is was broken up at all.) It was cute at first that she would notice that, but now it's driving me crazy! ha She STILL WON'T TALK! The little rascal. I am getting a little frustrated but trying hard to just let it go and encourage her and help her do things at her own pace (since she understand everything and communicates through signs and other ways.) She's more interested in toys and "playing" i.e. having her toys interact with each other and people. She loves to sing, she'll pretend to sing lyrics to any song. She loves prayers, she thinks they are a little game. She looks real low during the prayer and has a little grin on her face the whole time and then when someone says AMEN she throws up her hands in excitement. She loves to try to figure things out like doing the buckle on her stroller and car seat or putting lids on bottles. She is so happy and sweet and good and we just love her little cute self. And that's my Olive update. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment