Monday, September 30, 2013

Where the WILD Things Are.




Hello All. I've been working on this project for sometime now. I started it, then put it away, then picked it back up again. It was a pretty random project for me to do in a laundry list of knitting projects I'm dying to make- but here it is! I followed the pattern exactly but it turned out slightly shrunken :( Somehow, someway I will learn to stop knitting everything so tightly! Oh well, it still looks good! And it will go perfect in Olive's little dress up bin for when she is older, and she can parade around the house with a royal septre and proclaim "Let the wild rumpus start!"


Escape artist in the back.
 

I got very few pictures in before little miss Olive decided she needed her Mommy.
Mommy's girl all the way. (She is telling me something very important here.) 


We asked Olive to wave and we got the double hand wave! Lucky you :)







We tried the outfit on Olive.... it didn't go so well. I think she was a little tired. Hopefully she will like it more when she has grown into it a little bit. Hopefully. 

Well my costume is ready for Halloween! Now I just have to find little costumes to convert the rest of my family into wild things. (Although Olive could just show up as herself.)
Happy Knitting! 


4 comments:

  1. That turned out really awesome. I bet Olive loves it when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K now wait, you made that whole thing!? Like as in the crown and the sweater and everything?? Sadie you are freaking AMAZING. Holy cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I love what you said at the end of this post, haha made me laugh.

      Delete
  3. I know I did too...like what you said at the end. I am with Haylee...totally amazed you made that....like I can't believe it. It's so so so so so so good, Sadie. You are fun that you would make it and it will be so great for Halloween for ever. You should use it every year. I love that you love books like that too. Very good.

    ReplyDelete