Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Olive Update
 
 
 
I'm mad at myself for not doing this all along to keep track of the little things you want to always remember. I kept a journal for a little bit and would record some of the things my little baby would be doing, but time is a cruel beast, and it passes so quickly. So, before I let any more of these precious memories slip away from me here are some of the things my little Olive is doing.
 

 
Right now Olive is really attached to Mommy. She has always been, but these days she follows me around the house and reaches out to me and when I pull her up she just looks like shes at home and points where she wants to go. Olive would be just fine if I did all my activities while holding her. (you should see my biceps) On the other hand when we are outside (where Olive wishes she could reside 24/7) she is off on her adventure which mostly includes looking for, gathering, playing with, and/or throwing rocks, dirt, and sticks. At least I think I've gotten her out of the "i want to be in the middle of the road every second" phase by finally just letting her be in the road (in a safe area) so she realized it really wasn't any different than our driveway. If I try to  pick her up outside she mostly tries to immediately dive bomb out of my arms  in an attempt to get back in the dirt. A perfect little tomboy. (fitting since i mostly dress her like a boy)


Currently we have a dog at our house named Maybe. Olive loves to feed her, chase after her shouting commands, and throw things for her to fetch (she can never quite throw them far or well enough though) She lives to be licked by her, but I'm thinking that is going to get old real fast :)
 
 
One of my very very favorite things that Olive does right now is grab your fingers to stabilize her when she is outside and wants to move more quickly. She also uses her walker and man-handles it when it gets jammed in corner. I love it. She hasn't been walking for long and is still in that cute drunken sailor walk stage where if you push her with one finger it will knock her over. So, she grabs your finger and starts walking, dragging you where ever she wants to go. I love it when you are not going in a direction she wants and she grunts and yanks your hand the other way. It's so great. I love it because today I was thinking how short this time is that they rely on us completely and have so much trust in us and cling to our guidance. Olive wants me right next to her every step of the way to guide, show, and teach her. She depends on me. I treasure this time so much. I don't have the adequate words for it. It's a feeling. A perfect, wonderful, joyful feeling.  Motherhood is so beautiful. It really, really is.
 

So there are a few things about my little rascal. In case anyone wanted to know, but even if you don't I'll look back at this someday and remember that wonderful feeling and time in my life when my little girl was so perfect and little and pure and it will make me happy. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading what you share. I love how you describe the innocence of children and the joys you are feeling as a young mother. Thanks for sharing. Olive is a doll.

    ReplyDelete