Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Little Cotton Rabbit.




My friend Kayla is pregnant with her third little girl, and I wanted to knit something special for her because she and her husband are always so kind, generous and giving and Kc and I just love them. At first I was going to have another try at that sweater that had gone awry on my last attempt, but after I attended her shower and saw that someone else gave her a knitted sweater from Gap I realized I wanted to make something that you couldn't just buy at the store. I started searching through my knitting books, knitting websites, and pinterest and that's when I found the cutest little pattern for a little dress up doll rabbit. It was perfect, so I got to work and here are the results. 



















His little cotton tail! I love it!. 





Here is what the gift looked like when she opened it. I was sad not to get the outside of the present as I had taken time to wrap it with all the trimmings, or to get a picture of Kayla opening it. I think I was so excited and caught up in the moment I didn't think to do that. I loved giving it to her though and watching her open it and react, it's the best part of making something like this that you have given so much time. 





Notes On the Pattern: 

I decided to use yarn that I already had for the clothes and to turn it into kind of a line by making all the colors and buttons coordinated. I thought it would be cute to add a little N to the front of the sweater because they are naming their daughter Naomi. It was easy to do and I love how it turned out. I used cotton for the clothes and wool for the bunny. Here is the link to purchase the pattern. I think I have to also buy the bear... and I won't be surprised if at some point I end up purchasing all her patterns. I love them so much! It will be difficult if I make one for myself to not keep making outfits all the time! It's so fun! I would recommend this pattern to anyone who can knit! Feel free to comment if you have any questions about this pattern! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh SADIE. This is freaking adorable, I seriously can't get over how talented you are. I love all the little outfits and you're right, that little tail! So cute, excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blown away by this creation. You are amazing. LOVE the little tail!

    Morag

    ReplyDelete