Thursday, August 25, 2016

SnowBird

A few weeks ago our family had the opportunity to go to snowbird resort for a few days on a retreat for Kc's work. In honor of a 15 year anniversary his company Wavetronix had decided to fly in everyone who worked for the company from all over the world so that we could all have a chance to meet each other and feel connected. The owner of Wavetronix is always doing group activities for the company in an effort for people to get to know one another and form relationships. It is so characteristic of him to do something this monumentus. He started this company as a way to employ people and give them a livelihood. When I first heard him speak at the Christmas party I was brought to tears. He thinks so much about the business in terms of each individual person that works there and how they are treated and how they can feel valued as well as bring the most they have to the company. I was so struck during this retreat with the efforts to employ good competent people of all nationalities and gender and the considerations taken for the diversity of the employees. KC and I got to know so many people that worked for the company, and I was truly grateful for all the thought that went into this event.  

  It started on a Tuesday afternoon, our family went in to visit Dad at his office. They loved the free popcorn and pizza and running down the halls. They didn't learn too much about dad's office other than how to spin on chairs, but they loved being there haha. Then that evening we went up to snowbird. We checked up and went to dinner which was DELICIOUS and included an amazing Chinese dragon celebration dance. We met the most adorable family from Chile, a couple and their three teenage kids. Their daughter Anasophia was so sweet and helped me chase after my littles so I could talk to her parents for more than 5 seconds. Then we retired to our beds to get ready for a fun full day. 

We spent the entire next day Go-go-going. The first half of the day we spent going on all the Mountain Rides. We wanted to try to get to everything they had to offer and little Olive was ready to do it all! We tried the rock climbing wall, did the alpine slides multiples times, bounced on the harness trampoline, went on the alpine coaster, bounce house, bungee harness jump, zipline chairs, and ropes course. In the afternoon they had an awesome festival with different places you could visit. They did an amazing job at catering to every age group. We started at the pirate area where we were supposed to be "from" and Olive made a little boat, cannon, and earned gold coins for prizes. At other places we made a fun may pole, bracelet, key chain, flower crown, and got to see an awesome falconer show and puppet show. Elijah had to take a nap in the afternoon but we tried to get in all that we could. It was so fun. In the evening we took the Gondola up to the top and had a fancy dinner. I mean the food was divine. After we ate my kids ran around the top and we enjoyed the view. Afterwards (yes we kept going) we fit in a swim at the pool and headed down for some smores and an outdoor movie Finding Nemo. Can you believe this day? We loved every second of it.

The next day was more of the same. In the morning we did more alpine rides and then spent the afternoon at a carnival. Olive got her face painted and we made fun art and tried some games with little prizes. I think we had about 10 ballon swords made for us and Elijah popped every one of them. Crazy rascal. We ate cotton candy and snow cones and relaxed a little after a long previous day. I had taken a yoga class each morning that they had provided and it was such a beautiful place to practice up in the mountains and I love when I get to attend other classes and see how other teachers practice. It also came with a spa pass so after the carnival I went and spent a little time soaking in the hot tub in the upper deck and just stared at the beautiful mountains and thought about our lives. Afterwards I headed down to the room to go to our last dinner, a BBQ outside. Olive had fallen asleep in the room from exhaustion but Kc really wanted to go so we carried her down asleep. She did really well and woke up to eat a little. Elijah was a little runner, I seriously think I spent half of the trip chasing him everywhere and he was extra on one for this dinner and would NOT SIT still. Luckily he is the cutest thing there ever was and when he turns back at me and gives me a "come chase me" smile and runs away I can't help but laugh. We had planned to leave the next morning because we had one more night there but we realized they didn't really have anything planned for the morning, Kc had to work, and the kids (and myself) really were not sleeping too well in the room so we decided to head home after dinner that night. Both the kids were pooped and fell asleep in the car and since I had requested that day off work I got some good sleep also. It was such a wonderful retreat and we were so grateful. 

Whenever we get to do stuff as a family it is so fun to be together and form memories. It is also nice to be able to separate with the kids if we need to since I would not be able to do half the things I did with Olive if Kc hadn't been there with me. My favorite memories from this trip were Olive on the ropes course with me, she got scared when we got to the top. I told her not to worry because I would not let her fall and would be with her the whole time. She completely calmed after that and did the whole course with ease. In the middle of the course she turned to me and said "mom, thanks for not letting me fall." My heart. I love that little girl so much. I loved little Elijah on the trampoline. He just barely weighed enough and so I hooked him up to the harness. I was on the trampoline across from him so I tried to show him how to jump, but he was so distracted by his audience who was laughing and smiling at him, and he didn't really know what to do haha. He did some cute little jumps here and there but he wasn't doing much so after a bit I said we were done. He was so mad when I took him off, I think he liked the attention he was getting haha. I also loved going on the coaster and zipline with Olive, she is so fun and brave and full of adventure. I love to think we have a whole lifetime of adventuring together and I cant wait. I can't believe how much we did in two days and honestly it's one of my favorite memories to date. I know there was a lot of work that went into this retreat, and I am so appreciative of all the time, effort, and MONEY that went into this. It did not go unnoticed.









She doesn't know how she feels about this.










Look at these cute humans.







Trying to fight the cord! Go Olive!





Always running away.





No comments:

Post a Comment