Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hello Seattle. (Part 1)

I've come home.
And yes, I still call it home when I have lived in Utah for over 8 years. 
My sister and I are slight lunatics and decided to drive 13 hours with 5 kids under the age of 9 from Utah to Seattle. Before the trip I went from panic to calm to panic then back to  calm again. My sister and I decided good energy and being open to stopping and spending the night somewhere was the ticket to a smooth ride- and we were right! The drive was awesome, and when the kids crashed we just pulled over and spent the night at the cheapest hotel we could find. Next morning we got up and finished our trip without any major issues. 

Here are some shot of little Olive on the Frontrunner down to my sisters-- girl gets around these days. (and she loves herself for it)





And the trip begins.




We're here!







My parents house was way too big for Olive! I couldn't keep track of the kid, she went from our tiny apartment to this huge house. Needless to say, she LOVED it. Oh, and I found out she can climb stairs very well-- but not so much come back down them. 

Here's a few things Olive did while she was at my parents.





She sat on a horse for the first time, and greeted one our horses by sticking her little finger in his mouth (don't worry this horse has no front teeth... and yes Olive has to stick her finger in EVERYONE'S mouth-- I'm sorry if you've been a victim)


(I realize my finger is in this pic, but I love it anyways)




She visited the chickens everyday, and played on the front lawn for hours- mostly staring at the little boys running around. 
Other things I didn't capture that Olive did at home are- Jump on the trampoline, play on the swingset in the back, hike up and down the pipeline next to my house, and eat smoothies from fresh picked greens in the garden. Girl had a good time. 





2 comments:

  1. I love that you did that and that you had such a great time with your sister and family and Olive. You are the best SAdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that little overall outfit is so cute

    ReplyDelete