Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello Seattle (Part II)

My sister and I made big plans for our week home. Some of them turned out, others not so much. Here are some of the things we did on our week home.






We explored. Every where you turn there is a secret covered hidden trail. It's every little boy's dream. (and if you are like me, little girls dream too) The boys threw lots of rocks and Olive ate lots of dirt and sticks. A good time was had for all--- even me, who was constantly chasing after little boys who would disappear down hidden trails and I would run after them with a little baby in my arms in a panic looking for them! sigh.






We enjoyed the views from my Daddy's work.


Navigated with strollers down steep Seattle hills like a champ. (this is way steeper than it looks)





We felt the wind in our faces while riding 
the ferry. 






Visited the Creepy/Cool Curiosity shop, and ate some Oysters and Chips on the pier.







We canoed across cottage lake and played in the park.

And then my sisters and I did a couple things we had been wanting to do for a while, we took a trapeze class and went down a wild river ride. The trapeze class was AWESOME and if I lived in Seattle, I would definitely do it again, and again... and again. They let you do more and more each time! I have to admit my heart was pounding and my legs were shaking when I jumped off that ledge, but the moment my feet left the ground it felt SO GOOD! It takes a little bit to get used to it, but basically trapeze artists are legit, and I want to be one.

The river raft ride was fun too, but not as fun as if my Dad had just taken us himself-  I guess it's impossible to find a raft to rent these days! Liability, sheesh. Anyhow, I know you have to be safe but COME ON, I wish we could just sign something saying we won't sue, let's just go and have some fun! We did hit some sweet rapids tho, got totally soaked, and jumped off a 25 foot rock! All in all it was a pretty good trip, I just wish we could have done it in half the time we did it in! Check out my Dad, he was amazing in every shot. He's hilarious.






And then we went Home, and reunited these two. Which melted my Heart, Obviously. Seattle, till next time. I love you.







(sorry about the picture overload!)















1 comment:

  1. Loved reading what you did and seeing the pictures. Your dad has an amazing view. I wonder how many stories up he is....

    ReplyDelete