Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Vacations!

Kimo, Olive and I just got back from some time away. It was so needed. Just to get some rest and spend time together was so wonderful. Now I'm back home and staring at this house and wondering where I should start. I've run out of excuses to delay it any longer. Ok, there still is the money excuse (and that's a legitimate one.) But here are some pictures from our trip. ENJOY!


It started with ANOTHER road trip with my sister and two babies (yes we are crazy.)  She was headed to a wedding and we thought we'd spend the day in LA before we parted ways (KC flew in that evening.) We did all the cheesy touisty stuff, and on the whole I decided I would never want to live in LA. It's just not for me. But then again I'm sure there are amazing parts that I just didn't see. Mostly because it takes 4 hours to drive 3 miles. (Ok, that was an exaggeration- but really that traffic is NOT COOL.) I did however get to see Fred and Ginger's stars on the hollywood walk of fame and that, my friend, was pretty legit!






We visited the wax museum. It was pretty cool. Some looked so real it was creepy and others not so much, either way I am in awe of what these people can do! I'm not sure if Olive knew if they were real or not. She did stick her finger in the biebs mouth, and that's how she greets everyone so.... you just don't know what's going on in that little brain of hers! I also pretended I was dancing with Fred and that I was David Beckham's hot date because, come on!









Then we picked up daddy and headed to Huntington beach. We lounged, we played, and just enjoyed being with each other. We were there during the Huntington Beach world's surf competition, and so we spent our time watching some sweet surfers and enjoying the festivities.

While in California I allowed Olive to eat fists full of sand. She thought she had died and gone to Heaven. She also threw the BIGGEST tantrum I have ever seen when kc and I bought some gelato. We both had a cup and were giving her every other bite of ours (so we had halfs and she had a full one.) When we ran out she LOST IT! We couldn't find a garbage anywhere in site to get rid of the cups and so she just screamed till we got to the car. Nice one Olive. No more ice cream for you! 




 We headed home, and then we were off on our next adventure. A little Family Reunion in Albion, Idaho. 







We visited the city of rocks which was AMAZING! And I am defiantly going back. As soon as possible. (Olive needs a nice long break from car trips before I go anywhere else for now) We climbed to our hearts content and Olive just loved crawling up those boulders. What can I say, she takes after her mamma. I don't have many other pictures because I just lost myself when I was with my family. It was so fun. We just played and played and played. Ours is a family that knows how to play. With 7 siblings and 20 grand kids under the age of 9, it's not hard to find someone to do something with you. I walked away from this trip thinking families are so special, And I just love mine so much. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Ahh she's wearing the suit I got her! Ok I just have to say that that made me so happy. haha, also I'm way jealous you guys went to that wax museum. That's something I wish I would have done in NY last time I was there but it was like $30 bucks so it was that or a new shirt and you know, priorities.
    haha really though, these trips look like so much fun. And also it's really not fair that you're just naturally so beautiful Sade. Seriously you could be wearing not an ounce of make-up and still look so freaking pretty!

    ReplyDelete