Friday, December 28, 2012

My own little shire...





Last night my family went to go see the Hobbit in the theater. I found myself having a lot more in common with Bilbo Baggins than I had previously thought in that I too would have a VERY hard time leaving that adorable house. All the exciting things going on in the first scene and I was was just dying over the house and everything in it! I used to be quite adventurous myself, but as of late I have found that more and more I like to be at home. Maybe I'll branch out again someday for an adventure like old Bilbo, but as I watched the Hobbit and drank in the beauty of the shire I thought to myself that nothing looks quite that beautiful and magical in real life. The next morning I woke up and and looked out the window and a heavy mist surrounded the house. It made me feel a certain way that I can't quite put into words. I grabbed my camera and pulled on a pair of boots to capture the haunting stillness. Washington really is such an amazing and beautiful place and every time I come "home" I fall in love with it all over again. Maybe that's why I love things that are somber and sad, Washington can make you feel that way. And I just love it. 






My Dad's never ending supply of wood.




















1 comment: