Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Letting Go.

    Well, I know it's the middle of January but believe it or not I am just now taking down all my Christmas decorations. It was a result of being lazy, working on too many other things besides keeping my house up *you will see those soon*, buying new Christmas stuff on sale after Christmas that I just HAD to put up (even for a couple days), and lastly because I wanted the magic of our first Christmas as a family with Olive to linger a little longer. 







 







We had a little P.F. Chang's Reunion this weekend. (My old place of employment before I was a so-called "responsible adult.") Holy Crap I miss these ladies. It was so fun... as you can see in these pictures. It reminded me of the old times when we were all wild banshees and we went 80's dancing like every week. *sigh* those were the days! I almost forgot I was a mommy with a little babe waiting for me with her grandma. almost. And you may not believe it but 4 out of 5 of these babes is a mama! Ok, maybe you believe it, this IS Provo. But gosh, aren't these girls hot mammas?








Lastly, I want to pay a tribute to Grandma Anna Atkinson, who passed away today at the ripe old age of 96.
She was a very beautiful person who I've had the honor of getting to know over the past 5 years. 
She lived a very humble and gracious life. She had been a widow for 50 years when she died, she lost her husband with 4 little children still to take care of after already having suffered the loss of one of her daughters. 
I felt a connection with Grandma Atkinson as soon as I met her, and I had many heartfelt conversations with her that I will remember till the day I die.
When I found out she died today, I was surprised. I knew she was sick and would pass soon, but I think it's always a surprise when you hear that someone you love dies. I thought about it for a moment, and I think the instinct is that we want to be sad, but I wasn't. I just thought about her walking into the loving embrace of her husband, and all I could do was smile. I know for a fact there is no place she would rather be. I know she is happy. Well done thou good and faithful servent. You are very very loved.


October 14th 1916 - January 16th 2013

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you have the most cutest Christmas decorations known to man definitely gave you free reign to have left them up.

    Also this post made me sad, and happy at the same time. For some reason it's only finally hitting me that she really is gone but at the same time I'm exactly like you, in that I feel such profound happiness for her more than anything. I guess today was Grandpa Atkinson's birthday too. Talk about a good birthday present.

    ReplyDelete