Sunday, January 27, 2013

Over the weekend we...


Fed the babes some carrot!



She doesn't even know what's about to hit her.





The gentlemen to the right feeding the babe? That's my husband. He can disassemble and reassemble an iphone in 4 hours or less. And he looks like that. So Yeah, you can be jealous. It's ok.




  
  Despite the massive amount of carrot you see dribbled down her      belly here, I do think some made it into her mouth. I think.

This is the first of many feedings for this little rascal. Hope she likes carrots! Maybe she will do a little better next time when Mommy isn't sticking a camera in her face. SO much pressure to perform!


Perfected some of My Yoga Moves... Namaste!



I've been working on this move for a LONG time, and it's only just recently that I've been able hold it for a legitimate about of time. I still have a lot more work to do though. It's hard because you have to have the strength before you can work on the balance, and I only just acquired the strength recently from carrying around a 20 pound baby everywhere I go. It's done wonders for my biceps.





My goal is to be able to hold a handstand longer than my sister Bethany, who has long been the hand standing champ of the family. (I mean no one even gets close.) She was a gymnastic so it's not really fair, but I will catch you someday Bethany, mark my words! Consider this a challenge. ** After you have your baby of course


Worked on my new Knitting project...



A "baby boy" blanket for my sister Melissa. Started working on it the second I found out the sex of her little babe! I was going to keep it a secret, but I think she reads this blog so SURPRISE! (Sure hope I get it done in time.) It was inspired by these blankets. I found this website and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! 



Made 3 New Recipes...





I got this recipe off Pintrist and I totally love it. It is super healthy and easy to make! 


This recipe is from good ol' Martha. It's a Mexican Corn and Poblano soup. I didn't quite char the chiles well enough due to some stove problems, but I loved the flavor and texture and I will defiantly make it again... I'll just get the chiles right this time! 



This is supposed to be a White Bean and Mustard Green Soup, but it was White Bean and Kale Soup up in my hizzouse. Martha can be so dramatic sometimes. She likes to give you recipes using ingredients you have never heard of, nor can you get- using appliances that are rarely seen in an average kitchen. But sometimes you can break it down enough to see what is possible and what's not, and you can find some real gems and this is one of them! Kimo told me that this is one (if not thee) best soup I've ever made! Oh yeah. I changed out the Mustard Greens for Kale- but you could do collard greens or something similar if you like. (Or maybe you'll get lucky and actually FIND mustard greens!) And I changed out the farro for Barley! I couldn't find these two items, but maybe you can! Good luck! 


And... Hung out with this little doe-eyed Beauty all Weekend!


Hope You all had a Good Weekend!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these. I can't believe you can do that hand stand like that...it's perfect in form to me....wow you are strong. And Olive is cute and yes, KC is smart and you all are amazing. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed with the flat forearms yoga move. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete