Sunday, January 20, 2013

Soups, Socks, and Sewing. ( Part II- Socks and Sewing)



Little sockies for the Babe.





      I wanted to knit some Christmas Stockings, but I knew there were a few tricks to knitting socks so I thought I would make some baby ones and then I could learn on a smaller scale. I found this pattern and started knitting away! This is what I ended up with, cute huh! I used an adorable ombre yarn for the first pair. And they were just so cute I had to make a second pair. (FYI, still haven't made the Christmas stockings yet.)




And now if they would only stay on her darn feet!


I sewed these letters for Olive! I got the tutorial here on pintrist! This is a project ANYONE can do. (Even you Bethany.) I know because I did it. I know nothing about sewing, like at all.  But the beauty of this project is that you can mess up and it's ok because it looks like cute and funky when it's not perfect. I put little magnets in them so she can play with them on the floor, or on the fridge, or on a little chalkboard. (I think I'm going to get this one from ikea.) They took me a couple weeks to make, but you might make them faster because I am sure you all actually know what you doing and don't accidentally sew through your fingers. ---yes I really did that, and it was SUPER painful. Good luck to any homies who attempt this project! 











***Special Thanks to Mary, Haylee, and Heather who let me use their scraps to make these since I don't have any spare fabric laying around because I never sew. (And really thought I never ever could, but really I wouldn't consider this sewing)



4 comments:

  1. This makes me want to learn how to sew. Too bad everyone who can teach me is so far away (Haylee, Mary, YOU!) I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I saw your socks on Olive today in Church and thought how cute they were but didn't know you had made them!!! I am amazed at how well you can knit!! And your letters are darling. I can't believe you hadn't really sewn before because you took off and did an amazing job. Cute blog, Sadie. I love how you enjoy making things for Olive. That makes having children so fun when you can make things for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out really great, Sadie! And I love the socks...I wish I knew how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the heck why did I never see these! Sadie I LOVE them. They seriously turned out so well! I also love that you were able to use some of our scraps because they remind me of different things I've made now because of it. Look at you thinking you wouldn't be able to sew!

    ReplyDelete