Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Knitting Post.



   Hello my dear friends. Remember that blanket I showed you a few months ago that I was just starting to work on for my sister? Well- I FINISHED IT! YAY! I am really happy with how it turned out. I did close the end a little bit too tight, but I don't think you can tell much. When you finish a big project like this it's a little bitter sweet, like finishing a good book. You are so happy you reached the end and it's so satisfying, but at the same time you just can't bear to let all that investment go! I am going to spend a couple weeks with it, treating it like my child and showing it to everyone I know (cause I'm that annoying person) and then I am going to send it on it's way to Washington to swaddle and cuddle my little baby nephew. Since I won't get to be there with this new born babe, I feel like this is sending a little piece of me to hold him. I am sure he will be a stinkin cutie pie- just like all the rest of my sister's little munchkins.
 Here is the finished project! 








  
Sorry random person we caught standing in the bathroom door...




Yes, it IS as soft as it looks!




Also, I can't resist posting this little video of Olive. We are teaching her to say Mama, and she has gotten pretty good! I even heard her say it at 3 am this morning from her crib. (which almost made being awoken at 3 am on my weeknd off worth it!) All in all it was a beautiful weekend! And if you live in Utah too than I am sure you were enjoying the beautiful sunshine and perfect weather like we were! We got dropped off up the canyon and rode our bikes along the provo river all the way down to our house! It was SOOOOOO perfect, amazing, and beautiful! (Stephanie calm down, it was in broad daylight and there were lots of people out.
This is going to be the best summer EVER, I just know it!
 YAY SUMMER!!!!! 
that's all, peace out y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Blanket looks AMAZING Sadie! Thank you sooooo much! I know it took like 500 hours to make and you are so sweet to spoil my little baby with such an awesome gift! So lucky to have you as my sister. Love your darling Olive too--can't wait to see her in June! Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok why did I never see this post? That blanket is amazing Sadie!! Holy cow you are amazing. I absolutely love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete