Monday, November 4, 2013

My Sisters. 
(And a little Olive update.)

Over the weekend My sister Melissa came into town for a little cousin get together. Most my other sisters live here already so we all went together- minus my second to youngest sister Candace who currently lives in Idaho. For those of you that don't know, yes, I have 5 sisters. (and also two brothers) And yes, that is a lot of sisters to have, and, I love it. People have commented to us how they have never met a family where all of the siblings are SO different, and we are- SO different. My oldest sister is the boss, commander in chief- and none of us mind doing what she says because it's always fun and she is always the life of the party. She has us all rolling on the ground peeing our pants laughing in 5 seconds flat. My next sister Melissa is the nurturing motherly one. She is thoughtful and tender and strives to be the best she can be- always. In truth, a bit of a perfectionist, so if you want something done perfectly- ask her! My next sister Ellen is determined. She has had some hard trials in her life and her strong will leads her through safely to the other side. She values friendship and advice from others- but also can be quite stubborn (but maybe I think that from having shared a room with her most of my youth) My younger sister Candace has a strong desire to be good. So much so that at times it can be a burden to her. She has always had a youthful naivety to the ways of the world- which I admit that I very much envy. I've enjoyed seeing how she has grown into the women she is now and how our relationship continues to grow. I loved when I grew older and became friends with my sisters whom had been much older and I had not known very well growing up but whom I could not imagine my life without now. My littlest sister Kaylee marches to the beat of her own drummer. She never does anything because anyone else does it or tells her to do it, she only does what she wants and for her own reasons- and that is just fine with her. She is sweet and thoughtful, but also the youngest and so lived a little bit of a different life than the rest of us :)  I love all my sisters so much and could not imagine my family with out a single one of them. They each bring something different and when we all get together... watch out! 


(sorry you weren't here Candace!)

Olive Update

A brief Olive update- mostly because she cracked me up so much this weekend. She is always doing something different. I love that I came home this morning to a little babe in a diaper with no pants on carrying around a box of cheerios. She keeps me smiling all day long. This Sunday in Nursery at church all the little toddlers were sat around a little table for snacks. Each little child had their portion handed out to them. Olive decided that all the children in reach didn't need their fish crackers or cereal. She needed them. So, she proceeded to steal every child's snack after devouring her own in 30 seconds. Even after that she stayed up at the table still eating more after everyone else went to play. In the grocery store today she promptly grabbed a block of cheese I put in the cart and took a bite out of it. I mean through the plastic and everything. You would think I never fed this child! In truth that's all I do! So when we got back in the car I let her go to town on the block of cheese. Why not. I mean I can't really judge her-- I had just hit up the Provo Bakery right before and decided I needed not one, not two- but four donuts.  *sigh* I mean, I did leave one for kc (but I am not sure if it will still be there when he gets home) 
That's life in the Atkinson household! 


Said Cheese Block






Olive found herself a yam in my grocery bag- Maybe waits patiently for her to discard it, which she eventually did after a few bites. Not so good when they haven't been cooked yet :)


P.S. I do also feed her fruits and vegetables :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that all of you got together this weekend. How fun. You are all such cute sisters. And I love reading this about Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the description of your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a great post! I think you got all of us spot on- so, I am stubborn, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete