Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ready For Winter.









 Bonus- they sub for Leg Warmers, when Kc and I go on walks with her in the Ergo they are perfect to keep her little leggies warm- wish you guys could feel them, they are so soft, at least I got that right :)



I just finished knitting these boot liner for Olive. I have mixed feelings about them, but they are what they are having improvised off of another pattern and doing the best that I could. They ended up being longer than I had wanted, and thicker as well and I wish I knew how her foot felt in there because I would hate to think they were uncomfortable or bulky. I made them in part because I bought a shoe a bit big on her to last this year and next, because those boots although water/snow resistant can get pretty cold, and because I thought they would be cute. Guess I can always knit another pair, but  at least I have there ready! And not a moment too soon- cause here comes cold weather! 








Also Olive discovered the Provo Library today! And got a Library Card! They have an awesome story time there and Olive and I finally decided it was time to go, and we loved it! I'm hoping to make it a weekly thing. Add that to my long list of goals :) I really hope that Olive learns to love reading as much as I did as a child. The world is so different now, so digital. But I just don't think we will ever get a technology that will replace that feeling of holding a book in our hands and devouring it page by page. I really wish I had more time to read, it's something that I have really loved doing in my life and hope that it will be something I feel I am able to devote more time to in the future. 
Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! Sadie I love them. Also, I'm envious of your library adventures, fun! I miss doing that as a kid. It's so true about the technology thing, it's such a shame in a way. Nothing beats a good old-fashioned book, I hope that doesn't completely become something of the past.

    ReplyDelete