Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thanks Goodness it's Saturday

Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions for me, in part due to the fact that I only got two hours of sleep. And also in part due to watching the video about batkid (I couldn't stop crying for at least an hour.) Olive and I muddled through our morning somehow and after both our naps we felt much better. Olive's age and personality require my constant attention and it's impossible to even get simple tasks done throughout the day. (Let alone move forward on some of my house projects) Yesterday was no different and I felt like I was failing on all fronts. It was a wet and rainy day so my usual go to of the park did not seem like a good option- but then I said who cares, we are going out anyways! And I am so happy we did.
The fresh air, the beauty of the sun hitting the mountains. There is nothing that being outside can't cure. With a happy baby and a happy dog playing together, I just relaxed and took it all in. And after a stressful day I couldn't help but feel so grateful. Grateful for the beautiful mountains we live by, every day I thank God for those beautiful mountains that transform everyday into a different kind of beautiful depending on the light or the surrounding mists- always a thing of beauty. Grateful for a demanding baby who fiercely loves her mamma, and will only be in this stage for a short while. Grateful for a warm home to return to, a happy wet puppy, and a husband that loves me. I mean really, how did I get so darn lucky? I'm not questioning it... I'm just going to embrace it for as long as it lasts.










Miss Olive loves herself some Starbucks pumpkin bread





Other happenings in our house... I decided one day that I had had enough of this wall and knocked it down. Yep. Changes coming, and I'm getting excited! 


Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you started to knock down the wall yourself! I can't wait to come over and see it. Loved the thoughts of gratitude- funny that I have been feeling similar about how grateful I am for things in my life. Hope to hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete