Thursday, August 28, 2014

Here Comes Baby Boy.



Here are the rest of the pictures from my shoot with Bill Carlson in Hawaii. It was just Olive and I and although it's beautiful at the beach it's a little tricky to shoot there because all that Olive wanted to do was play in the water. She doesn't quite get the idea of a photograph yet, which I love because every moment with her caught on camera is so genuine and real- but it makes it a little difficult to get her to stand still for more than one second. I love what Bill was able to capture of her sweet and fun little personality. 

I am starting to mentally process the fact that I am going to have another child. I'm not worried about loving this child and I'm not worried about it being too overwhelming because I just already know it will be hard. I know Olive will get jealous and will want me to hold her and it will be frustrating for her and me to feel like I can't give her the attention she wants or is used to, but with that comes a wonderful new sibling that I know Olive is ready for. She needs someone besides me to play along side, and a brother is someone who can experience life in a way that I can't experience it with her. Olive is so kind and I know she will grow to love her new little brother so much (but she did recently learn the word "mine" so she will at least be able to keep him check.)

As for me I am starting to get really excited. It's only a couple months away, which I know is just going to FLY BY! I feel so big and things are getting so difficult so I'm definitely starting to get to that "get this outta me" stage. I can't wait to hold his tiny tiners and kiss him and nurse him. I already feel like I am holding him and cuddling him all the time because he is so active and present with me. I can't wait to take lots of time off work (maybe not go back at all) and stay at home with the enchanting fall weather and bake bread, and cook dinners, and snuggle my little ones, and go on little walks with the family. Yep, I'm ready for you now baby (mostly because I bought matching beanies for Olive and baby the other day- so it kind of feels official now.)
 























No comments:

Post a Comment