Monday, April 4, 2016

Back Logging.
(Thanksgiving 2015.)

I've been trying to find some time to catch up on my blog. As a busy working Mom with lots of hobbies and things I would like to do I am always conflicted with the best way to spend my time and I often feel that the blog should be one of the first things I let go, but then I go back and look at all my past entries and I am reminded of so many wonderful memories and I know I have to do my best to document what I can. So here I am, trying to do a little catching up!

For Thanksgiving I (we) got to go "home" to my parents in Washington. My siblings and I have kind of decided to go to Washington every Thanksgiving and stay home for Christmas. Most of us live in Utah and close to our in-laws so we automatically spend most holidays with them, and since as your children grow it's nice to be in your home on Christmas we all end up spending that holiday with in-laws as well. So, instead of trying to trade every other Christmas we thought we would just go to Washington every Thanksgiving and then stay home for every Christmas. We have done this for the past 2 or 3 years. 

I love thanksgiving at my parents. My dad does the best turkey, he spends a lot of time preparing and cooking it in the dutch oven outside. My mom is an amazing cook and she makes all the sides and a delicious banana creme pie. My aunt brings my favorite salad and as I get older it seems to be the thing that covers most of my plate. With 8 kids we kind of descend on my parents and take over their house, and somehow we make it all work. This year my parents rented two motorhomes and my family stayed in one (slept in there) and my brother and his family stayed in the other one. It worked out really well.

This year was no exception to any other year, we had a blast. My parents have always had lots to do at their house but this year they had a big hot tub installed and that was a big hit, especially with the kids. We turned down the heat and they played and splashed in there for hours and hours (the adults got to have some hot tub nights too.) We played an indoor "bubble" soccer game where you run around in these bubbles and attempt to play a game of soccer. Lots of fun and lots of sore necks. We hit up some movies and snowflake lane and got some kringle at Molbak's (and somehow managed to leave that place without Elijah breaking any ornaments, a true miracle.) Olive got to ride my mom's new horse and has been talking about it ever since! We can't wait to go back in august. Family is the best.

















Little guy loved it when I held him while I played ping-pong, he thought it was quite funny being jerked around so I could hit the ball. It was a good excuse for a reason I lost a game that I honestly would have lost anyways... Im relishing those days when I used to beat Kc! Why did his work have to get a ping-pong table, boo.


No comments:

Post a Comment