Monday, April 11, 2016

New Knits.


Here is an update on my latest knits.











This sweater took on a life of it's own. I had been eyeing this pattern in one of my baby knit books for quite some time. My sister in law was pregnant with a little girl and I had really wanted to make her something and I thought this would be perfect. "Following" this pattern reminded me that I am constantly doing stupid things of which I know better, for example this pattern called for basically sock yarn so naturally I dug in my big pile of yarn and found something that was NOT sock yarn and proceeded to use it anyways. Lately I have been trying to do all my projects with yarn I already have since I have collected so much, and I have mostly been able to figure out something that worked. This one didn't. The yarn was too thick and since I hadn't edited anything when I was knitting it ended up being way too wide. I decided I couldn't scrape it, so I decided to "make it work." I took off the sleeves, closed a button hole and added an inside snap so I could hold the sweater in place to adjust the fitting. The buttons in the pattern were a standard clear button, but I found these gold ones that I had to use because they added the perfect pop. I am happy with how it turned out! I turned a 0-3 long sleeve sweater into a 9-12 month little short sleeve sweater. 








Found this cute baby to model for me.




Then I tried to on her adorable 3 year old sister to see if we could pull it off as a cute crop sweater, I think we can, right??











Then I got on this baby bootie kick and I want to knit a hundred more and give them to everyone who has a baby haha. The top ones are wool 3-6 month and went to a friend who's baby may not have much longer to live. The second pair are cotton newborns that went to a friend who lost their last baby as still born and is due in May. They don't find out the sex of the baby, so I thought this color was perfect. Hoping to knit some light green or dark blue ones for another baby that was born 7 weeks early to my husband's friend and his wife who are having other struggles as well. I feel like these booties are not anything that big or grand but they are a labor of love for me, and I hope the people who receive them feel that from me. 

Currently working on a project that a co-worker begged me to knit with considerable compensation so I decided for once to say yes but I am not really enjoying it and I am reminded why I am only willing to knit things that I love. Oh well, can't turn back now. Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment