Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saturday's are For

-Going out the breakfast with my two babes.
-Running errands in the snow.
-Stopping into Starbucks for a Hot Drink.
-Snuggling with my little Red-head.
-Starting new Projects.
-And making your Hubby's favorite Meals.




For whatever reason, I keep thinking I can sew. 

Olive's room is Hideous at best. The nasty floorboard looking walls, the ugly Creamish/Yellow paint Job. The random holes, nails, and boards. *Sigh* Alas, it's not worth fixing up, since we are just renting. (But there is a new house in the foreseeable future -eeekkk-) It's a tiny room within our room. Which I actually totally love. It's perfect for a little baby you are still keeping a close watch on. Anyways, I have been trying to do what little sprucing up I can, and decided to make this little curtain. (It looks better in person.)


Just so you know, this is how much I don't know how to sew. When I was trying to do the edges I thought- jeez how do they hold the fabric in place while they are trying to sew it? 
Like, really Sadie? 
I was a little too proud of myself for what was the world's easiest sewing job. (Literally sewing an edge.) Made me appreciate my amazing sister-in-law Haylee, who makes actual stuff. And it looks really good! Check her out if you dare hayleeatkinson.blogspot.com. She just joined the Mood network where she gets fabric sent to her FOR FREE to make stuff. From Mood. I mean, really. How legit is that? She's kind of a big deal. 

Here are a few other Pictures of Olive's room. And some little cut out dollies I made with Fabric I saw when shopping for curtain Fabric. 


Ugh, that wall.




Finds at Saver's what. what.






Took me a couple tries to get the back and front lined up. Here's my first two attempts. But the fronts look pretty!

Happy Weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love you. SADIE! I love you, this just totally made my day. Those dolls are the freaking cutest things ever by the way!! I love that you just made them like it was no big deal even though you'd never done it before and they STILL ended up perfect. You are amazing. The curtain also looks super cute too!

    ReplyDelete