Friday, March 1, 2013

New Members of the Family, And Such.


Friday brought the culmination of several exciting events and little surprises we've been waiting for around here. 

A month or so ago someone hit me and totalled my car on what was one of THE WORST mornings ever. Kc and I contemplated our options and decided that for now it would be best to buy a little scooter. Here she is! Now I'm sending out positive vibes into the universe. PLEASE don't hit my husband people.


In other news. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am madly in love with Fred Astaire. I've been wanting to make these shirts for a while now and I FINALLY had them made and I just love them. I couldn't resist making a little onesie for Olive as well! Let the brainwashing commence.



This is officially my new favorite T.





And Olive's favorite Onsie. 
Obviously. 
(I mean it's not like this girl gets to choose what she wears yet so....)

AND




Dallas Berry made us this AMAZING painting.
Check out some of her artwork here
paintedtreesbydallas.blogspot.com
 I requested some of the characters from Robin Hood because they are just so lovable and the movie makes me so happy and reminds me of my childhood. I also love that I feel like I can put this in a boy or a girl's room. Hope Olive grows to love these characters as much as I do. Now I need a beautiful frame put it in!

Lastly



This gentleman and I were able to have a dinner -sans babe. And neither he nor I could remember doing that since she was born! (I've been a bit of an overprotective mother, but I'm learning to let go.) 
We went to a new restaurant called the Banana Leaf. It is in an adorable little house that used to be a flower shop/boutique that I had loved and frequented quite often. I miss it. It was so beautiful.
I'm sad to say I am not too happy with what they have done to the place. I expected it to have the beauty that so many foreign places bring. However, it just looked cheap and poorly reconstructed with a horrible paint job/colors. If there is one thing I hate it is a poor, careless, cheap paint job. I did like the food though. It didn't blow my mind or anything, but it was good. It's similar to Indian food. (It was  Sri Lankan and Singapore) All in all it was good to just get out and spend some time alone with my Hubby. I love his guts. 

happy friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment