Sunday, March 31, 2013

Whilst in Kaysville...

     Well, no Easter egg hunts for me this year. I somehow got tricked into working on Easter (cause I'm a sucker like that) and while you are all eating your Easter hams I'll be staring at blood through a microscope. But it's ok. I got to spend yesterday with my family who was in town from Seattle, and when my dad is around you know you are in for a good time. (and really, I don't like ham that much anyways) 
    My sister Bethany blessed her baby and her little boy Kyle got baptized. We brunched, we talked, kids fought over toys, we attempted to do crazy balancing moves we saw in videos- it was a typical family get together. And, as usual, my pictures only tell half the story. 



Thanks for looking Baby Blue Eyes. (yes this was the best shot, oh well)



Ellen's little boy Gabe intruded on this picture with his oversized cowboy hat- but it was still my favorite shot of these girls so I couldn't resist posting it!  (I think Olive inherited my Sisters bright blue eyes, heaven knows they didn't come from me!) 


Baby Callie :)

OK, the next pictures were taken at my sister's in-laws house and it is straight out of a movie. It is so enchanting and magical- there is even a hobbit hole there. 
Yes. A hobbit hole. I told you it was amazing.












Happy Easter Everyone. My family is the most important thing to me in the whole wide world. So, instead of Easter Egg hunts this year I'm going to reflect on Christ, his life, and the many gifts and blessings he has given me. HERE is a talk I love from one of my favorite people. You can read anything by him and your heart will melt. I have never regretted anytime I have spent with my own little family. And besides, I foresee many Easter Eggs hunts for us to enjoy in the future with little Olive (and whoever else joins us along the way.)

2 comments:

  1. Love to see the pictures that you took. They turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. REally nice pictures and Love what you have to say and congratulations to the babies and baptism boy. I love your family. Glad you had a nice time and I love love that talk as well and enjoyed reading it again.

    ReplyDelete